Click this link to add an RSS Feed for Morning Star Fiber
- Fiber Dehairing is very
advantageous for animals with dual coated fleeces like
Qiviut. Some refer to the
more coarse fiber as guard hair. Even
Alpaca fiber can benefit
from dehairing. This process separates the coarse fiber from the softer fiber.
- While not a substitute for proper
skirting, it can also provide a certain amount of vegetation removal.
- It will add so much softness to your end product when using the downy-like
fiber or thel for further fiber processing.
- Thel makes exquisitely soft yarn perfect for next-to-the-skin wear.
- Thel also felts beautifully. We offer a two layer "reversible" felting process.
- Tog spins into strong warp yarns.
- Felts produced from the tog make wonderful rugs or outerwear.
We certainly don't require that you use our fiber dehairing process, but
we highly recommend it.
Here's Karen running some Icelandic wool through the